- Hemp Flat is made of single layer of Hemp Organic Cotton Fleece. It is 60% more absorbent than Organic Cotton.
- Although Hemp Flats are more absorbent, it is very slow at absorbing. Hence it is recommended that you use it with a Cotton Insert for better absorbency.
- Hemp Flats are suitable for heavy wetters. It increases absorbency for upto 3 hours.
- Hemp Flat gives 4 layers when folded. Fold it along the short side.
- It does not have snap buttons to attach. You can just place it below a Main Cotton Insert and use it.
- Hemp Flats are compatible with all other Cotton inserts like Aurora Insert, Aurora Prefold, Dream Insert. It can be used for both daytime and Nighttime also.
- It dries very faster than Cotton boosters. You should not use the Hemp Flats alone.
- Hemp is a very thirsty fabric. It needs complete prep before you can start using it. Wash it with detergent for 5-6 times. (Wash and dry)
- You can also choose to boil the booster in water for 30 minutes. Follow up with a detergent wash and then dry.
- Only when Hemp is fully prepped, it can start absorbing. Otherwise it may leak without absorbing.
- Do not Bleach, Iron or use Chlorine. Make sure that the washing temperature does not exceed 40 degrees.
- You should not use liquid detergents, soaps or Fabric Conditioners. It will lead to build ups and reduce the absorbency.
- Do not rinse the booster if baby has only peed. Rinsing and storing can cause the fabric to degenerate and lead to wear and tear.
- Rinse the booster only if your baby has pooped in it. Dump the solid (poop) into the toilet and then rinse the booster. Squeeze out extra water and store till washing.
- Always store the booster in an open dry pail till washing. This will keep away molds from developing due to humid climate.